6/30/08

My Workspace

Ok... anyone wanna see my mess? lol. Here it is. THis is where I work, only slightly divided form where my toddler plays. This doesn't include the large dresser across the room full of fabrics, or the desktop I print off of next to that.

In This Corner.... The machines! from Left to right, there is my Pillowcase-covered Serger, which is a little workhorse. Its one of the Janome-made Kenmores, and I really do love it. The reason it is covered (which is a bit of a pain in the but for me, since the pillowcase doesn't really fit right) is because we have cats. Yup, thats right, 2 very loving and very pretty cats... Who decided that this table, and the thread kept on it, were toys. Note also that the thread is now kept on the wall, lol. The cats do not get near it anymore. and just to make you feel better, on the rare occasion that the cats have decided to sit on my fabric, it goes right in the wash. More of a pain for me, but I don't want to have any customers to potentially have allergic reactions. I do the best I can to keep the cats out of my fabrics entirely, keeping everything as much out of the way when I am not working with it as possible.

Next up, in the center of the corner, is my Brand new (just before Beeba 2 was born, so a few months ago, really) Kenmore 19606. Its also a Janome made machine, and works beautifully. Perfect stitching every time.

The last of the machines is my newest baby. It is a Husqvarna Rose Embroidery machine. I only have the 4x4 hoop for now, but I can do Embroidery! In the next month, I will be getting the card reader and software for it so I can do any design from online... that fits the feild, that is. For now, I am doing test stitch outs in random colors. I don't have the booklet that is supposed to tell me what colors to use. When I get the card reader, and the software, I'll be able to get that information from the card, lol.

Here is my cutting and piecing station. Ha! it is way too small for what I really need. Eventually, I am gonna get a real cutting table, big enough to lay out a full 60" wide yard of fabric. For now, I work on a small desk. But, it gets the job done. and yes, that is my side door there, blocked by the desk. We have three doors, side, back, and front, and never use the side... so I blocked it. now, it is just a wall and an extra window for me. it works.

I have tons of ideas how I would redo the room if I had the money... of course, it is technically my Dining room... no dining table, but it is my dining room. so if I had th emoney, we'd probably get a dining set first, and move the sewing room somewhere else in the house, lol. Probably to the living room, heh... we have two of those.

Yup... two living rooms... actually, a living room and a front room.... no, I promise we are not rich... we got an OLD, falling in around us house really cheap, and are working on it slowly... it just is big. heh... when we moved in, the first thing we had to do was fix every pipe in the house, which were all broken... most not even connected to the next.

Oh... and remember I told you I found some cute Cotton knits up in Ithaca? Here they are! These will now be available for custom diapers from my main site. I'm told the yellow floral on the right is Baby Nay... I just thought it was pretty. I almost didn't pick up any of these... but I couldn't pass them up, its just too hard to find cute cotton knits around here.

2 comments:

  • Anonymous

    Very nice work space! Hmmm, maybe I should post mine - after I clean it up LOL! :D

  • BeebaBottoms

    heh... it just happens that if you turned the camera the other way, the space isn't that clean.. there are toys all over the floor I trip over daily, and boxes from things shipping in, etc... but DH would kill me for showing pics of those things, lol.

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online