7/10/08

Staying Cool

Its been real hot here lately, so we've had to think of ways to stay cool. One of those ways is with a new baby carrier. When Beeba 1 was little, I had a stretchy wrap I had made. I still have it, and we loved it, but it was a poly knit, and it got very warm to wear in the summer. This time around, knowing that in advance, I found some cotton gauze fabric. So here is my new summer wrap. Forgive my horrendous hair... this was after a day of chasing a 2 year old, hah.

Beeba 2 loves it, and we both stay much cooler. I would like to say, I would never trust this light fabric in any other kind of carrier, but in a wrap, where it is all one peice, no seams, and you are wrapping several layers of support, it works beautifully. very comfy and cool. and very simple to make. I ripped it down the center to get half the width of the fabric, and serged all around it with a rolled hem, and that was it.

Then, I was playing around. I see people talk about making keychain diapers all the time, and I was trying to figure out how they made them so small. I know some people give them out as extras in orders, others make them for their friends, still others sell them as Cloth Diaper Advocacy items. So, I decided to try my hand at it. This keychain diapers is a fitted, front snapping, with a sewn in soaker. hehe... just like a miniataure version of a real fitted diaper, it even has elastic legs. The only thing I couldn't figure out was how to elastisize the back. Oh well, maybe I'll figure it out, but for now, it is still super cute.

And Yup, you can see how small it is, it is sitting on my laptop next to the touchpad and next to the clicker for my car on the keychain. I may have to make a few for some cloth loving friends, lol.

You may notice, I seem to have a million different Ideas running through my head at all times. I seem that way because I am that way. I am constantly thinking of new things, or thinking I need to change something somewhere. That is why you read about my sewing space and 2 days later I changed it again, lol. Rest assured, my patterns don't change that way. It does however, mean that there is always something new in the works. I often don't get to sleep because I am too busy and my mind racing too fast to get to sleep. Right now, I am trying to work out a thought about cloth diaper cakes. And trying to decide if anyone would buy them. Of course, that means I need to think of what to use to decorate them too, since I don't like the thought of advocating binkies or bottles, which are 2 very common things to find in diaper cakes. So I was thinking that mine would be sort of the all-inclusive Diapering start-up package. we'll see. I'm pretty sure I could do it, but it would take some thinking. But if I do come up with something, you readers will be the first to know.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online