4/24/09

Again, more Yarn...

Right to business, April 15, more spindling. For those who don't know, this is an Ashford Turkish spindle, and it weighs somewhere around 2 ounces. It is by no means a work of art, but it gets the job done. And the nifty part is that when you are done spinning, the yarn can be removed in a center pull ball.

April 16, 17, and 18, I spun only the minimum 20 minutes each day, on the spindle

April 19, I used some Brown Sheep Mill Ends to practice spinning thicker singles. this is the thickest I have ever spun, about DK singles, I think.

I also did some more bamboo (the second bobbin)

April 20, I started spinning some mixed breed Fiber from the Whorling Tides Naked Fiber Club. It is really very clean, and the locks were in good shape, so I am spinning straight from the lock and just fluffing it out. I highly recommend this shop. Beth is great.

April 21, I forgot to take pictures before continuing to spin yesterday. Bad me.


April 22, more mixed breed wool


So, I think that brings us up to date. Tomorrow, the Monkeys.


Photobucket


Tweet Me

4 comments:

  • Henya

    I love the yarn you make. I hope some day I would become as accomplished as you are.

  • BeebaBottoms

    Aww, Thank you! I love compliments. In fairness, though, I should say that there are a world of spinners who are much more accomplished than I, and I see them daily on Ravelry. It is usually very humbling.

  • Samsara

    Wow, I'm intrigued with the Turkish Spindle, how do you get the yarn off in a ball?

  • BeebaBottoms

    Samsara, a Turkish spindle comes in 3 parts, the long center piece, and 2 crossbars. to assemble, you slide the crossbars together and then slide the unit onto the center piece. to remove the finished yarn, you slide the whole unit, with yarn, back off the center piece, and pull first one crossbar then the other out of the ball.

    I'll have to post pictures when I finish that spindle-full.

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online